Why Join Altec?
The Altec Service Group has an opening for a Human Resources Representative. The purpose of this position is to administer human resources policies and procedures independently and to collect and analyze HR data to make recommendations to management.
Position can be based in either Birmingham or St. Joseph.
Please send resume to email@example.com
And apply now at jobs.altec.com
Basic Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Required
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of two years of applicable HR experience
- High School or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience at the HR Rep I level
- PHR preferred
- Excellent computer skills required
- Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, Oracle, and/or Kronos experience preferred
- May prepare internal associate communications regarding compensation, benefits, or company policies
- Administer associate insurance plans, working with insurance special services representatives and plan carriers
- Advise managers and associates on state and federal employment regulations, collective agreements, benefit and compensation policies, personnel procedures and classification programs
- Schedule and coordinate company sponsored on-site and off-site events
- Analyze organizational, occupational, and industrial data to facilitate organizational functions
- Assess need for and develop job analysis instruments and materials
- Serve as a confidential point of contact for associates to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, or report irregularities
- Implement, administer and evaluate associate programs, including performance appraisal, affirmative action and employment equity programs
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements
- Observe, interview, and survey associates, and conduct focus group meetings to collect job, organizational, and occupational information
- Plan and develop curricula and materials for training programs and conduct training
- Prepare reports, such as organization and flow charts, and career path reports
- Conduct exit interviews and ensure that necessary employment termination paperwork is completed
- Provide input to management for the resolution of classification and salary complaints
- Research associate benefit and health and safety practices and recommend changes or modifications to existing policies
- May act as Company representative at conferences and events to promote Altec related programs
- May have responsibility for overseeing payroll function
- Perform searches for qualified job candidates, using sources such as computer databases, networking, Internet recruiting resources, social media advertisements, job fairs, recruiting firms, or associate referrals
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software
- Review and evaluate applicant qualifications or eligibility for specified licensing, according to established guidelines and designated licensing codes; reviews employment applications and job orders to match applicants with job requirements
- Participate in unemployment hearings with state government and third-party administrators
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May have direct reports
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
Altec is present in more than 100 countries throughout the world supporting the electric utility, telecommunications, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. We are known for lifting products -- bucket trucks, cranes, and equipment used to help people access tough-to-reach places -- but the success starts with thousands of associates who come together to Reach Higher!
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.