Why Join Altec?
Altec is currently recruiting Safety/Environmental Co-ops for a one semester commitment, from July-December 2020. Positions are located at the Altec Midwest Facility in St. Joseph, MO. Altec provides furnished housing as well as a competitive hourly wage.
Building on 90 years of growth and success, Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world. Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is leading the industry and setting the standard of excellence.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family- Financial Stability - Integrity - People Are Our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
- Pursing a bachelor's degree required
- A degree in one of the following majors preferred:
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Occupational and Safety
- Prior interaction with Altec team at a recruitment event highly preferred
- Maintains compliance with Air Emission Program, Emission Tracking, and reporting requirements
- Assists in permitting for Air, Storm Water, and Waste registrations
- Conducts environmental and safety training and education programs, and demonstrates the use of safety equipment
- Serves as the assistant Primary Emergency Response Coordinator and Assistant Spill Team Leader for HAZWOPER certified responders at the facility
- Maintains the SDS database at the facility
- Coordinates the maintenance of the spill response equipment and countermeasures at the facility
- Coordinates and communicates "right-to-know" programs regarding hazardous chemicals and other substances and manages the Hazardous Waste Program
- Conducts Hazardous Waste, Storm Water, and SPCC Audits, per Altec programs and policies
- Conducts Job Safety Analysis (JSA’s)
- Maintains all Environmental and Safety Governmental records
- Manages and administers the Altec APSMS system the online (ACMIS) SDS records for the facility
- Leads and coordinates Environmental and Safety Compliance and Worker’s Compensation RCI events
- Develops & maintains industrial hygiene programs such as noise surveys, continuous atmosphere monitoring, and ventilation surveys
- Inspects and evaluates workplace environments, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations
- Completes and files all Environmental and Safety regulatory reports and submits required governmental reports for EPA and OSHA compliance
- Investigates accidents to identify causes and to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future
- Investigates health-related complaints, & inspects facilities to ensure that they comply with public health legislation & regulations
- Maintains and updates emergency response plans and procedures
- Maintains inventories of hazardous materials & wastes, using waste tracking systems to ensure materials are handled properly
- Orders suspension of activities that pose potential exposure to workers' health, safety, and/or potential impact to the environment or ecosystems where the facility is located
- Provides new-employee health and safety orientations, and develop materials for these presentations
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.