Why Join Altec?
There is an exciting opportunity for a Training Content Developer in the Altec Service Group. Work with subject matter experts to develop and administer training curriculum, training material, and e-courses.
Since 1929, Altec has been a leading provider of products and services to the electric utility, telecommunications and contractor markets. We provide innovative products and services in over 100 countries. Altec’s comprehensive solutions include manufacturing, direct sales, rentals, parts & service, as well as financing options for our customers.
Please send resume to email@example.com
And visit jobs.altec.com to apply on-line and learn more about the company
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST
- Have the ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate)
- Write effective copy, instructional text, and audio scripts/video scripts required
- Have familiarity with learning theories, instructional design models and job training methods and techniques
- Possess system and process aptitude with the ability to create practical examinations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects, activities, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Enjoy working independently while collaborating with Altec teams
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Instructional Design, Training, Education, Learning Management or related discipline preferred
- Open to May grads with start date after degree completion
- Preference will be given to candidates with Instructional design experience
- Knowledge of and experience with learning management systems, course development software and e-courses
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to use current software and learn new software that supports the facilitation of training and development of e-courses, presentations, exams, etc.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
- Assist in developing and updating Altec Service Group training programs
- Design, standardize and evaluate training curriculum and course/program objectives
- Provide continual revisions and updates to existing content and materials
- Develop and maintain assessments and instructional aids for customers
- Utilize Altec’s learning management system to deliver and track courses
- Estimate development schedules for assigned tasks and projects
- Confirm project requirements by reviewing program objectives, input data and output requirements with subject matter experts
- Develop post-training tools that validate effectiveness of training material and support operational metrics
- Participate in continuous improvement events to create and improve training programs and materials
- Independently manage time and tasks related to multiple projects
Competitive pay which rewards performance and comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.