Why Join Altec?
If youre considering a career with Altec, Inc., theres never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. Thats why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and thats why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work Safer and Smarter. Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altecs values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values (in alphabetical order): Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
Creates machine programs for various pieces of computer controlled CNC equipment including but not limited to lasers, press brakes, and machining centers.
• Programs all CNC equipment
• Collaborates with manufacturing engineers to accomplish plant continuous improvement.
• Provides technical advice for machine setup and machine troubleshooting.
• Programs and downloads new parts for all CNC equipment.
• Updates parts to reflect engineering revisions.
• Monitors, tracks, improves and reports fiberglass utilization.
• Participates in RCI Events to drive improvements.
• Works with Engineers to make improvements in process, methods, materials, and design.
• Other job duties as assigned and may vary by location.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
• High School Diploma required. Associates Degree or two year certification preferred
• Two to Four years of experience in CNC programming.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints
• Ability to proficiently use CAD software; Solidworks preferred.
• Experience in a lean manufacturing environment preferred.
• Knowledge of SigmaNest, Bysoft, MasterCam, Vbend, and/or NC Express preferred
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.