Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Primarily at the organizational level, manage and direct all materials, purchasing, and related associate functions to ensure lowest total cost, quality, and effective inventory management. Assure continued delivery of sustainable, integrated materials management process. Specific accountabilities with respect to the receipt, storage and preservation of materials
• Manage and review acquisition of materials, supplier negotiation, inventory control, as well as manage freight costs.
• Develop and implement enhancements and/or processes to achieve maximum efficiencies and control of materials, purchasing, and related areas.
• Assist in the development and implementation of inventory control and/or reduction programs. Establish process designed to maintain inventories at approved levels.
• Supervise operational buyers and support staff.
• Serve on functional, divisional, and/or corporate projects as required.
• Suggest applications for reducing costs while improving material availability.
• Manage departmental associates efficiently and effectively.
• Supervises the operations of Kan-Ban, Supply, and inventory.
• May supervise scheduling.
• Encourages suppliers to utilize continuous improvement programs that help satisfy Altec quality standards.
• Assists in developing criteria for suppliers.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Four-Year Bachelor degree required. Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management degree preferred
• Two years applicable supervisor experience required.
--- Or -------
• Five years minimum purchasing or related experience and APICS or NAPM certification
• High School Degree or equivalent required.
• Microsoft Office suite experience preferred. Excel & Word required.
• Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures.
• MBA and/or APICS certified preferred.
FINANCIAL BUDGETING, CAPITAL, AND/OR MANPOWER RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Some travel may be required.
• A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
• Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
• Leadership skills required.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.