Why Join Altec?
Altec Industries is seeking a Controls Developer for our Derrick Focus Factory located in St. Joseph, MO. From customer interaction to custom product creation, Altec Engineers are leading the industry. Our mission is to profitably design, manufacture, and sell innovative custom products, services, and solutions to users of mobile telecom and utility equipment. As a Controls Developer, you will design, develop and deploy technologies and systems for embedded controls on Altec products.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family- Financial Stability - Integrity - People Are Our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline required
- Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical with controls concentration, or Agricultural Engineering with control systems preferred
- EIT registration or ability to obtain registration is required for engineering degrees required
- Experience with CAN communication is preferred
- Experience with model-based design using Matlab/Simulink
- Current valid Driver's License
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying
- Learns Altec’s product lines and systems/rules/processes required for different Controls Developer roles at Altec.
- Practices prudent work practices and effectively apply formal training adding to the overall effectiveness of the Controls Group and enhancement of Altec’s position within the product line
- Participates and contributes productively as part of Altec’s team-oriented design, manufacture and customer service/support efforts
- Operates with appropriate entry-level decision-making latitude within the scope of an assignment
- Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in the controls field
- Communicates with customers on issues of technical specifications, product design and operation as appropriate
- Provides technical support to sales associates
- Supports Operations, Sales, and Service
- Interfaces directly with Suppliers and Customers
- Learns and Utilize Lean principles to improve our products and processes
- Works on various sizes of Altec projects
- Works within any of the Altec departments as assigned to grow knowledge and skill for future Altec positions
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.