Develop the next generation of products for a company that is a leader in the electric-utility and tree-care equipment industries. Join a small, focused, and empowered engineering team where you can have an immediate impact. And do it at the Creedmoor facility, which offers a special blend of urban and rural lifestyles and is only about 15 miles from North Carolina’s “Triangle Area” of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill as well as the prominent high-tech Research Triangle Park.
Apply at https://careers.altec.com
Take a Career Step Forward!
- Work in a focus facility that designs, tests, manufactures, assembles, and sells its own products.
- Develop expertise in multiple engineering competencies – structures, hydraulics, controls, composites, mechanisms, etc.
- Hands-on approach is encouraged: work with a team to build prototypes and evaluate your original designs.
- Altec Inc. is a company with a history of continuous growth and a team focused culture which strongly embraces continuous improvement. It is a financially stable company that makes intelligent and strategic investments in its future.
- Advancement opportunities exist, with relocation potential around the country.
Altec’s Values (in alphabetical order) :
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum 4 year's experience in an engineering role
- FE Certification or the ability to obtain registration required.
- Current valid Driver's License
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated thorough understanding and ability in basic engineering practices and principles
- Must effectively interact with other associates, departments, operations, distributors, vendors, customers, etc.
- Basic understanding of business principles and practice
- Must be confident, dynamic, and successful in working as part of a team
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying
- Internal candidates will be in good standing.
Other Position Specifications:
- Demonstrated record of responsibility
- Extremely detail oriented
- Customer Service Oriented
- Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
- Maintain Company confidentiality
- Must handle stress and deadlines well
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
Preferences: Experience in a manufacturing environment, Experience with New Product Development, Experience in hydraulics and hydraulic control systems, Experience in structural design, Knowledge of SolidWorks or equivalent cad drafting methods, Knowledge of FEA (Finite Element Analysis), Leadership or Supervisory Experience, Professional Engineer License
- Create unique, original, industry changing product designs which may be patentable.
- Develop and execute experiments to validate and qualify new design solutions.
- Design, modify, and/or apply components and systems using prudent engineering methods and techniques to meet specified technical objectives on time.
- Analyze and solve complex product design, application, manufacturing, installation, and service problems.
- Analyze competitive product designs and report findings.
- Implement defect prevention procedures or processes in product design or application.
- Analyze new technologies for potential application in next generation products.
- Direct other engineers and technical support personnel to carry out specific design tasks.
- Communicates directly with Customers and Suppliers on issues of technical specifications, product design and product performance as needed.
- Support quality improvements in all facets of the company's business.
- Collaborate with various teams within the organization to solve technical problems and identify improvement opportunities.
Communication with Others: Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals.
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Creedmoor offers a special blend of urban and rural lifestyles and is only about 15 miles from North Carolina’s “Triangle Area” of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill as well as the prominent high-tech Research Triangle Park. The Triangle area of North Carolina is consistently voted one of the best places to live in America based on many compelling features such as:
- Moderate cost of living with affordable real estate
- Widely available high ranking schools including public, charter, magnet, and private
- Nearby world renowned universities including Duke, NCSU, and UNC
- Outdoor activities including hiking, hunting, fishing, golfing, mountain biking, kayaking, etc.
- The Capital Area Greenway system with over 100 miles of trails you’re invited to explore
- Mild climate allowing residents to enjoy four distinct seasons
- A vibrant cultural landscape featuring local artist galleries, museums, performing arts, and festivals
- Numerous entertainment options including collegiate and professional sporting events as well as stellar live music performance at unique indoor and outdoor venues
- An eclectic and award winning micro brewing and restaurant scene
- Close proximity to gorgeous beaches as well as breathtaking mountains
- Southern hospitality and charm
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program, Retirement 401(k) Program, Vacation and Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Assistance Program, Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.