Why Join Altec?
The Altec Service Group has the need for a Product Support Specialist 1 to be part of a growing team focused on developing and improving the engineering support. Help develop the Service Engineering group from the ground up to support the growing needs of the Service organization, which is the fastest growing segment of Team Altec. Be part of a groundbreaking team that provides numerous opportunities to delight Altec customers through increased capabilities, compelling quality and on-time delivery.
Altec is present in more than 100 countries throughout the world supporting the electric utility, telecommunications, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. We are known for lifting products -- bucket trucks, cranes, and equipment used to help people access tough-to-reach places -- but the success starts with thousands of associates who come together to Reach Higher!
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
And apply now at jobs.altec.com
Basic Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Required
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree strongly preferred; curriculum must have included mechanical, hydraulic or electrical systems, OR
- Minimum of three years of experience in Altec Manufacturing, Altec Service, or similar experience diagnosing and resolving technical issues at another manufacturing or service operation
- Current Driver’s License required
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Mechanical, Electrical, or Hydraulic Troubleshooting
- Hands-on experience with electrical, hydraulic, and/or mechanical
- Ability and willingness to learn independently
- Strong initiative with independent time and task management
- Familiarity with typical pressure gauges, flow meters, etc.; ability to read and utilize schematics; ability to read and understand parts and maintenance manuals; ability to read and understand Bills of Material and work instructions
- Basic literacy with computer (ability to utilize keyboard, mouse, etc.)/Office/e-mail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to utilize available tools to analyze data in researching a potential issue
- Ability to obtain industry specific certifications as required (e.g. crane certification)
- Available for extended overnight travel, via air and other modes of transportation
- Able to lift, up to 50 pounds, and to climb on and off vehicles frequently
Serve as the first point of contact in the understanding and resolving of product support issues. Associates interact with various teams including, but not limited to, Product Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, Service, Technical Support, and customers to promptly resolve internal and external product support issues.
- First point of contact for hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical troubleshooting for internal and external customers
- Interface with customers to promptly assist in resolving technical issues in a professional manner, which may include on-site customer visits.
- Participate in projects to include but not limited to new product development, RCI events, manual reviews, project prototype builds and teardowns as required
- Operate mobile hydraulic equipment as required
- Independently identify (or as assigned) and attend technical classes related to Altec's equipment line to further product knowledge
- Perform inspection and/or repair procedures to validate work instructions
- Document and maintain support records in accordance with established procedures
- Communicate and coordinate escalated support issues with multiple departments after reviewing with the manager as needed
- Use advanced diagnostic equipment and/or data acquisition systems
- Provide direct support as required for training material to include identification of applicable drawings and presentation materials, identification of subjects needing additional training; work with assigned trainers in the creation and completion of detailed training presentations in these areas
- Collaborate as required with Manufacturing to provide content for work instructions
- Assist with training/demo sessions on special subjects
- Facilitate the 8D process and contribute to the creation documentation as required
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.