Why Join Altec?
Altec Product Development is in search of a Design Engineer to join the team. In this position you will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the design and support of the Digger Derrick product line.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family- Financial Stability - Integrity - People Are Our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required
- EIT registration or ability to obtain registration required
- Current valid Driver's License
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying.
- Internal candidates will be an associate in good standing
- Learns Altec’s product lines and systems/rules/processes required for different Engineering roles at Altec.
- Practices prudent engineering and effectively apply formal engineering training adding to the overall effectiveness of the Engineering Group and enhancement of Altec’s position within the product line
- Participates and contribute productively as part of Altec’s team-oriented design, manufacture and customer service/support efforts
- Operates with appropriate entry-level decision-making latitude within the scope of an assignment
- Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in the engineering field
- Communicates with customers on issues of technical specifications, product design and operation as appropriate
- Provides technical support to sales associates
- Supports Operations, Sales, and Service
- Interfaces directly with Suppliers and Customers
- Learns and Utilize Lean principles to improve our products and processes
- Works on various sizes of Altec projects
- Works within any of the Altec departments as assigned to grow knowledge and skill for future Altec positions
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.