Why Join Altec?
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Accounts Payable department is responsible for receiving, sorting, analyzing and processing invoices for payment. This department is also responsible for maintaining customer relations and supplier records.
Duties may include any or all of the following responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• High volume data entry
• Daily office functions
• Processing payments
• Daily runs to post office, knowledge of operating postage and inserter machine
• Processing mail and invoices for payment
• Knowledge of running and cleaning processing machine
• Ability to route invoices into various processing queues
• Review monthly statements for open invoices
• Update and maintain supplier information database
• Audit and process freight bills
• Assists in monthly closings and performs data entry as needed
• Assists with special projects as necessary
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Zero to one years’ experience required
• Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Accounts Payable field
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
• Current valid Driver’s License
• PC skills using spreadsheets, word processing and other office management applications required
• Mechanical aptitude, product or industry knowledge preferred (required)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work with team members and work with direct supervision
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated record of responsibility
• Extremely detail oriented
• Customer Service Oriented
• Proven Account Management skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships
• Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
• Maintain Company confidentiality
• Must handle stress and deadlines well
• Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
• Travel 0-25%
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.