Why Join Altec?
Develop the next generation of vegetation management products. Join a small, focused, and empowered operation where you can have an immediate impact.
Take a Career Step!
Altec’s Values (in alphabetical order):
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
Preferences: Experience in a manufacturing environment, Experience with New Product Development, Experience with engine power systems, Experience in hydraulics and hydraulic control systems, Experience in structural design, Knowledge of SolidWorks, Knowledge of FEA (Finite Element Analysis), Leadership or Supervisory Experience, Professional Engineer License
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Minneapolis is a fantastic blend of natural beauty and urban sophistication. The only place in American with a chain of lakes, the mighty Mississippi River, and 200 miles of walking, biking and cross country ski trails all within the city limits, minutes away from a vibrant arts and music scene as well as some of the finest museums in the nation. The Twin-Cities area of Minneapolis and St. Paul Minnesota is consistently voted one of top 20 best places to live in America based on many compelling features such as:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Operate computer numerical control machines to fabricate parts to support production.
• Use and conduct proper care of PPE.
• Load and unload components and tooling.
• Perform rework and repair tasks.
• Utilizes proper safety techniques .
• Operate CNC machining equipment.
• Read drawings, determine critical dimensions/tolerances/diameters, calculate conversion between decimals and fractions.
• Perform inspection of machined parts.
• Use measuring equipment to verify conformance to specifications.
• Operate other equipment as required.
• Use computer to look up any necessary information required to perform job duties.
• Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and practices.
• Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment.
• Maintain daily time records.
• Job duties may vary by location.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
• Basic computer usage knowledge required.
• Knowledge of programming and operating CNC equipment required.
• Degree in Machine Tool Technology or Technical School certification desired.
• Ability to use measuring equipment.
• Ability to perform moderate math calculations.
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Keep a clean work area (5S)
• Assist co-workers as needed
• Participate in RCI events
• Knowledge of Altec programs and/or systems
• Shift work may be required.
• Perform all other duties as required / assigned.
Responsibility for Safety:
• Safety In everything we do
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
• Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
• Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others:
• Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.