Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The incumbent works in an entry-level capacity under the guidance of more experienced Controls Developer and associates.
• Learns Altec’s product lines and systems/rules/processes required for different Controls Developer roles at Altec.
• Practices prudent work practices and effectively apply formal training adding to the overall effectiveness of the Controls Group and enhancement of Altec’s position within the product line
• Participates and contribute productively as part of Altec’s team-oriented design, manufacture and customer service/support efforts
• Operates with appropriate entry-level decision-making latitude within the scope of an assignment
• Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in the controls field
• Communicates with customers on issues of technical specifications, product design and operation as appropriate
• Provides technical support to sales associates
• Supports Operations, Sales, and Service
• Interfaces directly with Suppliers and Customers
• Learns and Utilize Lean principles to improve our products and processes
• Works on various sizes of Altec projects
• Works within any of the Altec departments as assigned to grow knowledge and skill for future Altec positions
• Designs and deploys embedded control systems onto Altec products. Including I/O selection, sensors, wiring schematic and control logic
• Creates functional requirements for new control systems and specifies components to meet customer requirements
• Develops testing requirements and documentation for verification and validation of new control systems.
• Uses model based design to develop control system logic. Simulink experience preferred.
• Produces/evaluates new designs and components to improve quality, cost, serviceability, and manufacturability.
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Entry level. Understands technical theory and possesses some hands on ability.
• Comfortable with basic troubleshooting methodology
• Works well with guidance, clearly defined instructions, and frequent oversight.
• Interacts effectively with internal team
• Demonstrated record of responsibility
• Extremely detail oriented
• Customer Service Oriented
• Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
• Maintain Company confidentiality
• Must handle stress and deadlines well
• Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Responsibility for Safety:
• Safety In everything we do
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
• Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
• Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others:
• Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelors degree in a related discipline required
• EIT registration or ability to obtain registration is required for engineering degrees
• Current valid Driver's License
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
• Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying and international travel.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.