Why Join Altec?
There is an immediate opening for an Applications Engineer, located at our Midwest campus in St. Joseph, MO. Our engineers work collaboratively to implement lean principles throughout the facility, support manufacturing and the field with existing products, and may work with New Product Development teams.
● Customer First ● Enjoyment of Work ● Family ● Financial Stability ● Integrity ● People Are Our Greatest Strength ● Quality ● Spiritual Development ● Teamwork ●
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required
- EIT registration or ability to obtain registration required
- Two plus years experience in electrical systems preferred
- Solidworks/3D modeling experience preferred
- Experience with hydraulics preferred
- Current valid driver's license
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying
- Creates custom designed Altec solutions to meet Customer specific requirements, including new custom electrical options
- Works closely with other Applications Engineering team members to design custom electrical and hydraulic systems
- Systems integration with OEM chassis and Altec equipment
- Generates computer modeled schematics/drawings for both Customer approval and for use during fabrication and assembly of the product
- Interfaces directly with Sales and Customers throughout the entire build process including being involved in pre-build spec reviews and pre-delivery customer inspections
- Supports Operations and Service by hands-on and remote troubleshooting, working alongside Altec technicians and other engineers
- Collaborates with other teams within Altec to establish and maintain lean principles by being involved in and leading Kaizen events to improve our products and processes
Sponsorships not available.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.