Why Join Altec?
Altec is present in more than 100 countries throughout the world supporting the electric utility, telecommunications, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. We are known for lifting products -- bucket trucks, cranes, and equipment used to help people access tough-to-reach places -- but the success starts with thousands of associates who come together to Reach Higher!
Altec is currently looking for a Technical Sales Configurator Developer in Elizabethtown, KY. The position works directly with Technical Sales, Product Engineering, Final Assembly Engineering & Operations. The primary focus of the position is to create and maintain quoting and ordering tools used by the Sales and Engineering teams. A Configurator Developer will be responsible for creating and maintaining reference items, bills of materials, and logic based rules, as they pertain to his/her respective plant(s).
The Configurator Developer is responsible for end to end Configurator model development, Sales interfaces, BOM development and standardization, along with the other various tasks associated to system process improvement and development. The position will require that the associate coordinates information from multiple teams, such as Sales, Marketing and Engineering in order to create new models that will seamlessly integrate with the current Altec Production System.
An associate in this position must be able to independently manage their time and tasks, various projects, gather input from various groups, develop alternatives, and propose solutions. When a solution is finalized, the Configurator Developer will have the responsibility for communicating & implementing the solution.
• Coordinate projects for new product models to determine model requirements.
• Participate in Rapid Continuous Improvement events in order to improve currently models and processes.
• Work with Engineering, Sales and Production to determine correct components to include in standard option selections and bills of material.
• Coordinate with other focus factories to standardize components across all divisions.
• Assist with Configurator work for all divisions.
• Work with Sales to determine guided selling features and rules required to ensure customer requirements are fully and accurately captured.
• Create and maintain models, including rules, items, bills of materials, user interfaces and publications
• Create and maintain work instructions and process documentation.
• Communicate model changes to Sales and Engineering.
• Assist with testing of new Configurator functionality.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
• Four-year degree required. A Computer Science or Engineering degree preferred.
• One year of Technical Sales, Computer Systems Administration and/or Engineering experience required
• Over 15% overnight travel will likely be required for this position
• Preference will be given to candidates with experience in Inside Sales, Configurator Development, Project Management and or in Process Improvement.
• Experience with Oracle Applications is a plus.
• A candidate for this position must be able to clearly analyze solutions, lead multiple-associate teams
Other Position Specifications
• Must stay on top of future software enhancements and how enhancements affect current systems
• Will be a member of sales business team in order to coordinate technological advancements with the sales organization.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected in this position.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.