Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers. Follow the quality assurance procedure for software development. Tests and develops fixes.
• Complete programming solutions when problems arise
• Interact with users for programming specification clarification and detail
• Write technical documentation
• Provide user support for Altec associates via phone, email and in person
• Perform software testing
• Willingness to work outside standard business hours to resolves issues or complete special projects
• Track and maintain constant communication with the customer from the beginning to the end of any established case, issue, or concern
• Remain highly adaptable
• All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma or GED required
Bachelors in related discipline strongly preferred, but consideration may be given to exceptional candidates with 4 years relevant work experience.
• Experience programming for ERP systems or BI Systems, Oracle/Qlikview preferred
• Programming experience with Oracle tools: SQL, Java, PL/SQL, forms, OA Framework, etc preferred.
• Current valid Driver’s License
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work with team members
*The job level may be modified upward based on the qualifications of the candidate*
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.