Why Join Altec?
Altec is present in more than 100 countries throughout the world supporting the electric utility, telecommunications, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. We are known for lifting products -- bucket trucks, cranes, and equipment used to help people access tough-to-reach places -- but the success starts with thousands of associates who come together to Reach Higher!
The purpose of this position is to conduct studies, evaluations and procedures and to interpret this information, for the purpose of work simplification, measurement studies, and the preparation of operation and procedure manuals, which will assist management in conducting business more efficiently and effectively.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of two years of experience preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates with Business Analytics, Project Management, or Process Improvement experience
- Microsoft Office Suite and other office management applications required
- Mechanical aptitude, product or industry knowledge required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Travel up to 20%
Major responsibilities include the following:
- Serve as internal dealer licensing expert. Responsible for studying and critically analyzing the dealer laws to best understand Altec’s position in each state. Work with Altec Legal Team and external law firm on specific dealer licensing questions or support needs.
- Serve as the Titling & Registration expert for Altec Industries to support customer registration process.
- Primary Altec contact for third party titling vendors. Responsible for establishing and maintaining a relationship with each titling vendor and setting up teleconferences with each vendor when customers request Altec work with a particular third party. This associate would support titling efforts for Technical Sales and Account Managers.
- Assemble and maintain up to date state titling requirements.
- Analyze information obtained from management to gain knowledge and define operational problems
- Design, evaluate, recommend, and approve changes of forms, reports and processes
- Document findings of studies and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes
- Gather and organize information on problems or procedures and confer with Senior Management on effective solutions while clarifying objectives
- Confer with associates to ensure successful training and operating of newly implemented systems or procedures
- Interview associates and conduct on-site observation to ascertain functions, work performed, and methods and equipment used is efficient and effective
- Prepare manuals and train associates in use of new forms, reports, procedures or equipment, according to organizational policy
- Recommend purchase of storage equipment and design area layout to locate equipment in space available as needed
- Review forms and reports and confer with management and associates regarding format, distribution, and purpose, and to identify problems and improvements
- Provide bi-monthly status updates on implemented process improvement plans
- All other duties as assigned
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.