Why Join Altec?
If you’re considering a career with Altec, Inc., there’s never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do.
Our Company: Check out this awesome video!
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec’s values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
Altec Osceola in Osceola, IA has openings for DAY SHIFT Welders.
Essential Job Tasks
Performs basic welding to include fit-up and tack welding along with the ability to weld a complete array of weldment configurations.
1) Welds using MIG processes and with a torch welder
2) Demonstrated ability to burn using a hand torch
3) Demonstrated ability to read blueprints and diagrams and determine critical dimensions and tolerances using measuring tools
6) Read and comprehend blueprints, process routings, and schematics for installation of various truck and body components - large and small - onto truck chassis using torch, welder, winches, hand tools.
7) Performs re-work as required
8) Provide quality and timely workmanship on each work order and maintain daily time standards
9) Demonstrated ability to follow established safety and quality procedures.
10) Team concept, be flexible to move from job to job to support the schedule
- High School diploma or GED
-Welding knowledge through experience or vocational school training
- Ability to pass a preliminary weld test
- Experience welding, cutting and/or fabricating metal parts
- Experience in wire feed welding, MIG or TIG welding
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.