Why Join Altec?
Take a Career Step
- Work in a focus facility that designs, tests, manufactures, assembles, and sells its own products.
- Develop expertise in multiple engineering competencies – structures, hydraulics, controls, composites, mechanisms, etc.
- Altec Inc. is a company with a history of continuous growth and a team focused culture which strongly embraces continuous improvement. It is a financially stable company that makes intelligent and strategic investments in its future.
- Advancement opportunities exist, with relocation potential around the country.
Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
Apply at https://careers.altec.com
● Customer First ● Enjoyment of Work ● Family ● Financial Stability ● Integrity ● People Are Our Greatest Strength ● Quality ● Spiritual Development ● Teamwork ●
Join Altec's Engineering Team
- Learns Altec’s product lines and systems/rules/processes required for different Engineering roles at Altec.
- Practices prudent engineering and effectively apply formal engineering training adding to the overall effectiveness of the Engineering Group and enhancement of Altec’s position within the product line.
- Participates and contribute productively as part of Altec’s team-oriented design, manufacture and customer service/support efforts.
- Operates with appropriate entry-level decision-making latitude within the scope of an assignment
- Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in the engineering field
- Communicates with customers on issues of technical specifications, product design and operation as appropriate
- Provides technical support to sales associates
- Supports Operations, Sales, and Service
- Interfaces directly with Suppliers and Customers
- Learns and Utilize Lean principles to improve our products and processes
- Works on various sizes of Altec projects
- Works within any of the Altec departments as assigned to grow knowledge and skill for future Altec positions
Other Position Specifications:
- Demonstrated record of responsibility
- Extremely detail oriented
- Customer Service Oriented
- Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
- Maintain Company confidentiality
- Must handle stress and deadlines well
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (ME) required.
- EIT registration or ability to obtain registration required.
- Current valid Driver's License
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying.
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Creedmoor offers a special blend of urban and rural lifestyles and is only about 15 miles from North Carolina’s “Triangle Area” of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill as well as the prominent high-tech Research Triangle Park. The Triangle area of North Carolina is consistently voted one of the best places to live in America based on many compelling features such as:
- Moderate cost of living with affordable real estate
- Widely available high ranking schools including public, charter, magnet, and private
- Nearby world renowned universities including Duke, NCSU, and UNC
- Outdoor activities including hiking, hunting, fishing, golfing, mountain biking, kayaking, etc.
- The Capital Area Greenway system with over 100 miles of trails you’re invited to explore
- Mild climate allowing residents to enjoy four distinct seasons
- A vibrant cultural landscape featuring local artist galleries, museums, performing arts, and festivals
- Numerous entertainment options including collegiate and professional sporting events as well as stellar live music performance at unique indoor and outdoor venues
- An eclectic and award winning micro brewing and restaurant scene
- Close proximity to gorgeous beaches as well as breathtaking mountains
- Southern hospitality and charm
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program, Retirement 401(k) Program, Vacation and Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Assistance Program, Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.