Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Corporate Training Team. Reporting to the Training and Learning Manager, this position will deliver leadership training in operations and other line of business settings. In addition, the position may involve conducting needs assessment, recommending training content design and delivery, and measuring training effectiveness. This position will require extensive travel to various Altec locations as business needs dictate. The purpose, responsibilities and minimum qualifications are as follows:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Facilitates on-the-job training and classroom activities focused on complex or highly technical topics. Assesses training effectiveness and may assist or be responsible for creation of training content, curriculum or job aids on an as needed basis.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (examples of work performed)
• Facilitates and assesses effectiveness of on-the-job training and classroom activities
• Demonstrates advanced classroom management and facilitation skills.
• Assesses and helps improve other's facilitation effectiveness.
• Partners with subject matter experts and/or designers to modify or create training and reference materials.
• Ensures leadership training materials are continuously updated across locations/departments based on current best practices, changing needs, and feedback.
• Maintains training records, runs reports, and schedules appropriate training activities to meet needs.
• Participates in curriculum development and decision-making in conjunction with instructional designers and management.
• Continuously interfaces with management to ensure training activities meet management's current business priorities.
• Pursues deep understanding of learner roles, solicits feedback, and assesses performance to ensure training solutions meet the needs of the end user.
• On an as needed basis, creates training content, curriculum, procedures and/or job aids
• Gathers and analyzes statistical performance feedback on learners to share with the Training Manager or HR Manager
• Uses appropriate judgment in upward communication regarding department or employee concerns
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Four year degree highly desired or equivalent directly applicable experience on a year for year basis; plus
• Five years of experience with advanced classroom facilitation skills and ability to mentor trainers.
NOTE: The job level of this position may be adjusted upward if the selected candidate meets the qualifications of a higher job level in the career path.
OTHER REQUIRED POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Exceptional written and verbal communication and facilitation skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of adult learning theory, instructional design methodologies, and eLearning development software.
• Excellent problem solving, researching, and documentation skills.
• A “can-do” approach and a passion to encourage the same in others.
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Flexible in a fast-paced environment with frequent updates.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.