Why Join Altec?
Altec Human Resources has an outstanding opportunity for a Human Resources Intern at our plant in Birmingham, AL . This position will report to the HR Business partner, providing administrative support and participating in various projects. The HR Intern will gain experiential learning by applying classroom theory and concepts, while providing needed administrative support to the Birmingham Operations HR Team.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, specializing in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it.
Our Values (in alphabetical order): Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
The Human Resources Intern will provide administrative support to the HR Manager and HR Team in Birmingham Operations. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
Providing support to the HR Manager on various tactical duties to include:
1. Preparing and scanning associate records for categorizing in the HR automated records system;
2. Participating in recruiting fairs and assisting with recruiting fair preparation;
3. Assisting with preliminary review of job candidate credentials, pre screening and scheduling of interviews;
4. Participating in various HR projects:
5. Assisting in preparation and execution of campus wide events to include Holiday gatherings and communication events;
6. May assist in gathering relevant market data to assist HR Manager in maintaining competitive wages for production jobs;
7. May collect and analyze data needed for HR metrics;
8. Other duties as assigned.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.