Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for plant(s) level systems operations.
• Procure, install, and maintain servers, LAN and wireless networking equipment.
• Performs maintenance or standard repairs to systems equipment.
• Maintains shop floor programs and databases, and develops program enhancements.
• Responsible for configuration and operations of all local servers.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining the local disaster recovery plan.
• Writes manuals to describe installation and operating procedures.
• Provides user training to assist users with applications
• Configures security settings or access permissions for groups or individuals.
• Provides high level of service to customers on hardware and software packages
• Installs computer hardware and software packages where needed
• Interacts with end-users to identify current procedures and desktop-based LAN system software operations and makes selection recommendations accordingly.
• Remain highly adaptable
• Willingness to work outside standard business hours to resolve issues or complete projects as needed
• May supervise and direct the work of others.
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelors in related discipline strongly preferred, but consideration may be given to exceptional candidates with 6 years relevant work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a related field
• Ability to interpret instructions and guidelines on hardware and software
• Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and other office management applications required
• Experience with SQL queries and Microsoft Visual Basic programming required
• A+ and Microsoft MSCA/MSCE certifications desired
• Must employ experience and good judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Current valid driver’s license
• Good organizational, written and oral communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Must be able to work with team members and under minimal supervision
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.