Why Join Altec?
Altec Industries is seeking a Controls Developer for our Focus Factory located in St. Joseph, MO. From customer interaction to custom product creation, Altec Engineers are leading the industry. Our mission is to profitably design, manufacture, and sell innovative custom products, services, and solutions to users of mobile telecom and utility equipment.
As a Controls Developer, you will design, develop and deploy technologies and systems for embedded controls on Altec products.
• Customer first • Enjoyment of work • Family • Financial stability • Integrity • People are our greatest strength • Quality • Spiritual development • Teamwork •
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline required
- EIT registration or ability to obtain registration required
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in a Controls Developer or engineering role required
- Current valid Driver's License
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Internal candidates will be an associate in good standing
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying.
- Learns Altec’s product lines and systems/rules/processes required for different Controls Developer roles at Altec.
- Practices prudent work practices and effectively apply formal training adding to the overall effectiveness of the Controls Group and enhancement of Altec’s position within the product line
- Participates and contributes productively as part of Altec’s team-oriented design, manufacture and customer service/support efforts
- Operates with appropriate entry-level decision-making latitude within the scope of an assignment
- Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in the controls field
- Communicates with customers on issues of technical specifications, product design and operation as appropriate
- Provides technical support to sales associates
- Supports Operations, Sales, and Service
- Interfaces directly with Suppliers and Customers
- Learns and Utilize Lean principles to improve our products and processes
- Works on various sizes of Altec projects
- Works within any of the Altec departments as assigned to grow knowledge and skill for future Altec positions
Sponsorship not available.
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services, and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it, and our associates help to achieve it. Altec’s values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec. Our Values (in alphabetical order): Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.