Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Set up, operate and tend machines in order to coat/paint components, trucks and bodies.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES):
• Use and conduct proper care of PPE
• Operate the painting system
• Change solvent and paint drums
• Fill hardener and paint drums
• Check paint viscosity during shift and adjust as necessary
• Perform paint booth housekeeping and filter maintenance
• Perform quality checks
• Maintain proper care of guns for minimum painting downtime
• Spray paint truck bodies and components using handheld spray gun
• Ensure proper surface preparation prior to painting
• Apply paint to obtain consistent dry film thickness
• Ensure paint application meets the paint standard
• Load and unload parts/components to be painted
• Utilizes proper safety techniques with paint system applications
• Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and practices
• Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment
• Maintain daily time records
• Other job duties as assigned.
Group Leader Duties Include:
o Train associates
o Assigns work
o Assists in maintaining the operation of the line via:
o Inspects each job before passing to the down line customer.
o Fill in for absent associates, as needed.
o Communicate with design engineers on quality or fit and function issues as they arise.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
• Basic computer usage knowledge required.
• Proficiency in spraying with paint guns preferred, electrostatic desired.
• Knowledge of automotive painting preferred.
• Vocational Training in lieu of experience will be considered.
CERTIFICATION AND TRAINING
Varies at each location, but could be extreme hot or cold, depending upon weather conditions.
Job tasks may be inside or outside.
Electrical hazards, elevated surfaces, moving objects, chemical or dust, mechanical hazards, vibrations and noise
Work will be performed in an enclosed booth/room.
Weld smoke and fumes may exist
• Basic Hand Tools (wrenches, sockets, hammers, pliers, etc.)
• Inspection tools
• Knife / Razors
• Manual/pneumatic impact tools
• Overhead crane
• Pressure Gauges
• Spray Gun
• Tape Measurers
• Varies by location and/or job
• Aerosol Sprays
• Hydraulic oil
• Multi-Purpose Cleaners
• Paint Hardener
• Paint Sealer
• To be disposed of hazardous waste
• Varies by location and/or job
• Harnesses as required
• Safety Glasses / Goggles / Face Shields
• Steel Toe Boots(Metatarsals may be required)
• Respirator and full body suit
• Protective Clothing
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS (NON-ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES):
• Keep a clean work area (5S)
• Assist co-workers as needed
• Participate in RCI events
• May be required to operate vehicles
• Knowledge of Altec programs and/or systems
• Shift work may be required.
• Perform all other duties as required / assigned.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.