Why Join Altec?
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries throughout the world.
Altec/Global Rental is currently looking for a Sales Support Representative in Birmingham, AL. The position is responsible for supporting the sales and operational processes, working as a liaison between Global Rental and Altec Industries with the primary focus on equipment needs, ordering, specifications & invoicing processes. This position also assists both functions of equipment coming into the fleet, and the sale of equipment out of the fleet. Major responsibilities include the following:
• Assist the Global Sales Analyst in charge of quoting and invoicing the sale of units, and the Administrative Associate responsible for processing paperwork related to unit purchases
• Serves as primary backup for Global Sales Analyst
• Facilitate the work order process using project management skills, understand Global specifications and work with manufacturing facilities to resolve build issues
• Work in conjunction with Global Account managers with regards to equipment availability and equipment disbursement amongst the three regions
• Oversee Global unit orders - tracking and revising orders, and gain understanding of delivery information
• Manage operational issues such as delivery schedules, order revisions, Final Assembly questions, invoicing, etc.;
• Attend classroom and online training sessions to continue to enhance skills and build knowledge; Enhance knowledge of Altec products, customers, administrative and production processes
• All other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Business or technical degree preferred
• Three years of successful experience in a relative field such as Inside Sales, Technical Sales, or Customer Service preferred
• Available for overnight travel
• Associate must be proficient in math and with computers, specifically Microsoft software
• Must be able to analyze problems & develop solutions
• Excellent communication skills are a must
• Candidate must be able to independently manage their time and tasks
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.