Why Join Altec?
Altec Industries in St. Joseph, Missouri, is looking for an energetic, self-driven individual for a Human Resources Generalist position, focused primarily on benefit administration and policy / procedure implementation. May prepare internal associate communications regarding compensation, benefits, or company policies. The successful candidate will bring energy and enthusiasm to the job, with a strong commitment to providing customer service within a team environment.
•Customer first • Enjoyment of work • Family • Financial stability • Integrity • People are our greatest strength • Quality • Spiritual development • Teamwork •
- Four-year Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum two years of experience in Human Resources.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Five years plus of experience in Human Resources
- HR experience in a manufacturing environment
- PHR Certification
- Experience/knowledge of Affirmative Action Plans.
- Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft (Core HR & Applicant Tracking System), Oracle, and/or Kronos experience.
- In addition to excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the position requires attention to detail, excellent time management working with changing priorities, and a talent for multi-tasking. Must act with integrity and handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Administer associate insurance and savings plans with possible overseeing payroll function.
- Ensure company compliance to and advise managers and associates on state and federal employment regulations, benefit and compensation policies, personnel procedures and classification programs.
- Assess need for and develop job analysis instruments and materials.
- Consult with or serve as a technical liaison between business, industry, and government officials.
- Implement, administer and evaluate personnel and labor relations programs, including performance appraisal, affirmative action and employment equity programs.
- Observe, interview, and survey associates and conduct focus group meetings to collect job, organizational, and occupational information.
- Plan and develop curricula and materials for training programs and conduct training.
- Prepare reports, such as organization and flow charts, and career path reports, to summarize job analysis and evaluation and compensation analysis information.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Participate in unemployment hearings with state government and third-party administrators.
- Serve as a confidential point of contact for associates to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, or report irregularities.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Sponsorship not available.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity