Why Join Altec?
Altec Australia a subsidiary of Altec Inc, is an industry leader in the design, manufacture, sale and service of truck-mounted hydraulic utility equipment, including elevated work platforms and pole borers.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Has the passion for sales!
- Is relationship and value-driven.
- Enjoys selling heavy machinery and equipment! Examples of related equipment are construction or farm equipment such as dozers, cranes, or tractors.
- Utility industry expertise with an aptitude for selling would also be considered.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
As part of our Sales Team, you will be responsible for the revenue of Altec Australia products and services. With in-house training and technical sales support, you will have the tools and network to be successful and to present solutions with confidence.
- Sell and market Altec’s products and services
- Generation of new business and ensuring the growth of existing accounts.
- Assess potential application of company products and/or services and offer solutions that meet customer needs.
- Research and present reports showing potential customers the cost benefit of purchasing Altec products or services.
- Provide technical training to clients and communicate customer feedback for future product development.
- Use technical knowledge of product offerings to support and build sales.
- Client Relationship Management – new and existing clients, client matrix
- Market Analysis – competitor analysis
- Business Development structure, processes and procedures
- Reporting – Forecasting, board reporting etc
- Marketing/Promotions – calendar of events, field days etc
- In service – Hand over of vehicles
- Client survey – development and implementation
- Product Development – mapping client future needs
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Proven management experience or tertiary qualifications relating to Business Management; and/or Proven experience in a similar role – Sales/Business Development
- Equivalent industry experience within a company faced with similar requirements.
- Proven knowledge and skills in all aspects of Sales/Business Development management
- Proven ability to effectively manage and build strong client relationships
- Negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with all stakeholders
- Ability to lead by example
- Interpersonal skills that are developed to be able to assess situations and respond in an appropriate manner
- Intermediate to high skills in Microsoft Office suite of products
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Domestic travel is a requirement of this position
- Ability and willingness to undertake required training to operate Altec products
Customer First – Enjoyment of Work – Family – Financial Stability – Integrity – People are our Greatest Strength – Quality – Spiritual Development – Teamwork
All applications must include a covering letter and resume.
Equal Opportunity Employer