Why Join Altec?
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries througout the world.
Altec is currently looking for a Payroll Tax Administrator in Birmingham, AL. This associate performs a wide variety of payroll tax activities. Those may include updating key transactions into the payroll processing system, working with tax vendor on resolving tax notices, reconciling payroll taxes, correcting errors arising during payroll processing, conducting audits and preparing reports. Performers in this role are expected to work closely with remote payroll associates to answer their payroll tax questions and resolve any issues with a key focus on associate experience. Responsible for overseeing and coordinating for all Altec locations the payroll tax processing in PeopleSoft and ADP systems. Major responsibilities include the following:
• Serve as the main contact with ADP for payroll tax purposes during the day to day operations
• Track and timely resolution of payroll tax jurisdictional inquiries/notices.
• Understand and perform system corrections on tax setups at the Federal, State, and local levels
• Refine and document best practices as it pertains to taxing requirements.
• Payroll Backup.
• Establish / maintain tax accounts within PeopleSoft, ADP, and communication with IRS and other taxing localities
• All other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Microsoft Office Suite and other office management applications required
• Five (5) years multi-state payroll experience including processing tax experience highly preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other technical discipline or equivalent work experience preferred
• PeopleSoft Payroll Experience preferred
• ADP Payroll experience preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.