Why Join Altec?
Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision!
Altec is currently experiencing record growth and is committed to hiring candidates who will continue that record of success.
Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment. We are the leading equipment and service provider for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, lights and signs, and contractor markets, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
● Customer First ● Enjoyment of Work ● Family ● Financial Stability ● Integrity ● People Are Our Greatest Strength ● Quality ● Spiritual Development ● Teamwork ●
Materials Continuous Improvement Coordinator
Position Summary: The Materials Continuous Improvement Coordinator will lead Continuous Improvement Initiatives related to the Materials and Purchasing Departments.
• Leads RCI’s
• Develops and implements Materials processes specific to Roadmap initiatives
• Designs layouts for optimal storage and effective picking processes
• Develops Work Instructions and Standard Work for the department
• Provides technical support to materials associates
• Participates in Corporate Teams/Projects as assigned
• Coordinates plant projects – POC for other department engineers.
• Leads Cost Savings initiatives for the department
• Learns and utilizes lean principles to improve processes and eliminate wastes
• Interfaces directly with Suppliers and Customers
• Submits Capital Expenditure requests for the department
• All other duties as assigned
• Four-Year Bachelor degree OR APICS or NAPM certification required
• Bachelor of Engineering, Business, or Supply Chain degree strongly preferred
• Four years of directly related experience required
• Microsoft Office suite experience required.
• Prior industry experience preferred
• Knowledge of supply chain principles and concepts preferred
• Prior Oracle experience preferred
Other Position Qualifications:
Responsibility for Safety:
Safety In everything we do
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others:
Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.