Why Join Altec?
Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment. We are the leading equipment and service provider for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, lights and signs, and contractor markets, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision!
Altec has an immediate need for a Supplier Relationship Analyst at the Altec Midwest Facility in St. Joseph, MO.
● Customer First ● Enjoyment of Work ● Family ● Financial Stability ● Integrity ● People Are Our Greatest Strength ● Quality ● Spiritual Development ● Teamwork ●
- Bachelors Degree required; with Business, Supply Chain or Operations Management preferred.
- We will consider candidates anticipating graduation in 2018.
- Applicants should have enough experience at an internship or from other work experience (for example, in purchasing or materials) to know that purchasing in a manufacturing environment is a firm career objective.
- Maintain supplier performance scorecards which evaluate suppliers in regards to quality, delivery and cost.
- Maintain supplier certification documents and assist in evaluating potential suppliers.
- Maintain supplier records for government programs that relate to small business and diversity spend.
- Involvement in cost savings activities with engineering and production associates.
- Participate in Lean manufacturing initiatives and take part in Kaizen activities.
- Assist with Accounts payable projects.
- Maintain accurate material in Oracle (materials management system).
- Procure components for the assembly lines and expedite parts accordingly.
- Manage inventory levels and complete projects to insure components are on hand.
- Initiate cost savings opportunities with the suppliers.
- Additional special projects are assigned as they become needed.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Sponsorship not available.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.