Why Join Altec?
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries throughout the world.
Altec is currently looking for a Sales Operations Process Improvement Analyst in Birmingham, AL. The purpose of this position is to conduct studies, evaluations and procedures and interpret this information, for the purpose of work simplification, measurement studies, and the preparation of operation and procedure manuals, which will assist management in conducting business more efficiently and effectively. Major responsibilities include the following:
- Analyze information obtained from management to gain knowledge and define operational problems
- Design, evaluate, recommend, and approve changes of forms, reports and processes
- Document findings of studies and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes
- Gather and organize information on problems or procedures and confer with Senior Management on effective solutions while clarifying objectives
- Confer with associates to ensure successful training and operating of newly implemented systems or procedures
- Interview associates and conduct on-site observation to ascertain functions, work performed, and methods and equipment used is efficient and effective
- Prepare manuals and train associates in use of new forms, reports, procedures or equipment, according to organizational policy
- Develop and implement records management program for filing, protection, and retrieval of records, and assure compliance with program
- Recommend purchase of storage equipment and design area layout to locate equipment in space available as needed
- Review forms and reports and confer with management and associates regarding format, distribution, and purpose, and to identify problems and improvements
- Provide bi-monthly status updates on implemented process improvement plans
- Serve as internal dealer licensing expert. Responsible for studying and critically analyzing the dealer laws to best understand Altec’s position in each state. Work with Altec Legal Team and external law firm on specific dealer licensing questions or support needs.
- Serve as the Titling & Registration expert for Altec Industries to support customer registration process.
- Primary Altec contact for third party titling vendors. Responsible for establishing and maintaining a relationship with each titling vendor and setting up teleconferences with each vendor when customers request Altec work with a particular third party. This associate would support titling efforts for Technical Sales and Account Managers.
- Assemble and maintain up to date state titling requirements.
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Five to seven years’ experience required
- Preference will be given to candidates with Project Management or Process Improvement experience
- Microsoft Office Suite and other office management applications required
- Mechanical aptitude, product or industry knowledge required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Travel 25-35%
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.