Why Join Altec?
There are immediate opportunities for Controls Engineers graduating Spring 2019 or Fall 2019. As a Controls Engineer, you will design, build, and test customer-specific electrical systems, and design using simulation and model based design.
● Customer First ● Enjoyment of Work ● Family ● Financial Stability ● Integrity ● People Are Our Greatest Strength ● Quality ● Spiritual Development ● Teamwork ●
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with Electrical Engineering, Mechanical with controls concentration, or Agricultural Engineering with control systems preferred
- EIT registration or ability to obtain registration required
- Experience with model based design using Matlab/Simulink
- Experience with CAN communication is preferred
- Current valid Driver's License
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying
- Participate on design teams to develop and test control software for Altec products
- Review electrical component specification and application for compatibility
- Review and create control system electrical schematics
- Evaluate and test chassis interface with supplier components
- Work with remote team members to maintain product architecture
- Utilize data loggers to troubleshoot equipment and evaluate new designs
- Embedded system design and component selection
- Become part of Altec’s team-oriented design, manufacture, and customer service/support efforts
- Communicate with customers on issues of technical specifications, product design and operation
- Provide technical support to sales associates
- Support Operations, Sales, and Service
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
Sponsorships not available.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.