Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
Drive training and adoption of Modern Workplace systems, including but not limited to application suites such as Microsoft Office 365 or other competitive equivalents to deliver full return on investment.
- Participate as member of Modern Workplace team to develop and execute training and provide ongoing hands-on support to business units as needed for new business applications (email, calendar, document creation and management, collaboration, communication, etc.).
- Participate as member of Modern Workplace team to develop and execute business implementation and change management plans for new business applications.
- Develop customized training programs to support Altec specific use cases and business needs.
- Work with individual business units to adopt new tools in common work practices.
- Attend RCI events to develop process improvements using new tools and capabilities.
- Track and report progress and lean benefits from new application adoption.
- Serve as internal consultant to business groups on how to use new tools to improve processes and solve problems.
- Remain highly adaptable.
- Willingness to work outside standard business hours to resolve issues or complete projects as needed.
- May supervise and direct the work of others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preferred location for this associate is Birmingham, AL.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent of three years ERP functional applications experience
- Minimum of four years direct business experience in an Altec facility or a minimum of three years Oracle or ERP functional applications knowledge.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and other office management applications required
- Must employ experience and good judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Current valid driver’s license
- Good organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Interpersonal skills – works good with others and in a team setting.
- Problem solving aptitude - Critical and systems thinker; Creative problem solver.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Passion for learning and a respect for change.
- Must be able to work with team members and under minimal supervision
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated record of responsibility
- Extremely detail oriented
- Customer Service Oriented
- Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
- Maintain Company confidentiality
- Must handle stress and deadlines well
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Travel 25 – 50%
Responsibility for Safety:
- Safety In everything we do
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
- Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
- Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others:
- Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs.Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results.Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.