Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Installs, maintains, repairs and troubleshoots computer hardware and software systems
• Provides high level of service to customers on hardware and software packages
• Installs computer hardware and software packages where needed
• Provides user training to assist users with applications
• Responsible for writing documentation to describe product corrections and operational procedures
• Configures security settings or access permissions for groups or individuals.
• Assists with basic installation of LAN and wireless networking equipment.
• Assists with maintenance or standard repairs to networking components or equipment.
• Maintains shop floor programs and databases, and may develop minor program enhancements.
• Remain highly adaptable
• Willingness to work outside standard business hours to resolve issues or complete projects as needed
• Other duties as assigned
FINANCIAL BUDGETING, CAPITAL, AND/OR MANPOWER RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibility for Safety:
• Safety In everything we do
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
• Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
• Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others:
• Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs. Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results. Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent work experience required
• Ability to interpret instructions and guidelines on hardware and software
• Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and other office management applications required
• Experience with SQL queries and Microsoft Visual Basic programming required
• A+ and Microsoft MSCA/MSCE certifications desired
• Must employ experience and good judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Current valid driver’s license
• Good organizational, written and oral communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Must be able to work with team members and under minimal supervision
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated record of responsibility
• Extremely detail oriented
• Customer Service Oriented
• Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
• Maintain Company confidentiality
• Must handle stress and deadlines well
• Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
• Travel 0 – 25%
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.