Why Join Altec?
Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and servicing of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world. Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is leading the industry and setting the standard of excellence.
Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision.
Building on 89 years of growth …
There’s never been a better time to join us!
Our auction subsidiary, JJ Kane, currently has an opening for an Auction Sales Coordinator in South Beloit, IL. Responsible for sales and operational processes through advocating for the customer and working as a liaison between our direct sales force, customers and our auction operations teams. This position is also responsible for working with a defined group of outside sales associates to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction possible. Your handling of many of the day to day needs of our existing buyers and sellers will enable our outside sales team to spend more time finding new consignors.
JJ Kane auctions all types of used equipment including: bucket trucks, digger derricks, construction equipment, back hoes, skid steers, mini excavators, tractor crawlers, dozers, fleet cars and more! We encourage you to check out our company websites to explore our company's strong history. Please go to www.altec.com, and www.jjkane.com to learn more.
- Serves customers by providing quotes/pricing, entering and tracking consignments, contracting for shipping, providing delivery assistance for buyers, and communicating credit terms
- Interacts directly with customers in a professional manner; regularly entertains customer visits and ensures customers leave knowing that JJ Kane provided a hospitable visit and our relationship was furthered as a result
- Works with Timed Auction team to immediately respond to customer requests for information on sale day
- Serves as customer service representative for customer inquiries leading up to each auction
- Assists Timed Auction team on various projects via our “virtual office” concept
- Coordinates with Accounts Receivable to communicate invoice and credit terms; Assists with and resolves collection issues
- Accurately costs and completes all steps required in quoting each product, making sure that all quotes follow the corporate standards for format and content
- Efficiently captures & communicates customer requirements
- Processes orders per the corporate procedures in a complete and accurate manner while meeting pre-established time parameters
- Develops and maintains knowledge of commonly sold products, customers, administrative and production processes
- Deals with operational issues such as pictures, specifications, descriptions and conditions
- Coordinates decommissioning, cleanup and approved maintenance for consignments from region
- Assists with data acquisition for items to be sold in the region
- Assists in approving items to be included in the auction and on the website
- Enters in fees for items sold in the Timed Auction
- Reviews invoices for accuracy and assists in delivering them to customers
- Works with transportation coordinator to arrange pick up of consignments
- Utilizes PO system to enter all reimbursable costs into database
- Reviews payout information to ensure all costs are charged back to each consignment
- Demonstrates consistent progress towards proficiency in areas of training (defined by training objectives document)
- Attends classroom and online training sessions to enhance skills and build knowledge
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Sales, Business preferred
- Available for overnight travel more than 15% of the time required
- Associate must be proficient in math and with computers, specifically Microsoft software
- Must be able to analyze problems & develop solutions
- Good communication skills are a must
- Candidate must be able to independently manage their time and tasks
- Demonstrated Customer and People Skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
• Customer first • Enjoyment of work • Family • Financial stability • Integrity
• People are our greatest strength • Quality • Spiritual development • Teamwork
Altec offers a competitive salary and an annual incentive. Altec also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.