Why Join Altec?
Altec is an industry leader in the design, manufacture, sale and service of truck-mounted hydraulic utility equipment, including aerial units, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment.
As the Manager of a Service Center, you will run your own operation and make critical decisions, with support from a network of Altec resources.
Apply at https://careers.altec.com
And send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
A key focus of this critical position is to lead a team who are engaged in the maintenance and repair of the Altec product line.
Successful incumbents have a passion for customer service and for helping others. They thrive in a fast-paced environment, where organization and flexibility are necessary skills. The right person for this job will provide leadership through strong communication skills and have a commitment to continuous improvement.
- High School or GED required.
- Minimum of six years of supervisory experience at a manufacturing or service operation facility
The job level is able to be adjusted if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path and responsibilities so warrant.
- Current valid driver’s license
- PC skills using spreadsheets, word processing and other office management applications required
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Manage expenses to budget within assigned area
- Customer Service Oriented
- Demonstrated record of responsibility
- Extremely detail oriented
- Proven Account Management skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships
- Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
- Maintain Company confidentiality
- Must handle stress and deadlines well
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Up to 50% local travel; 5% non-local travel
- Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
- Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
Knowledge and enthusiasm for service, sales and marketing, leadership, financials, technical problem-solving, and business operation.
- Manage the staffing process, such as scheduling and hiring to ensure levels are sufficient; hold associates accountable for work quality and performance and manage this performance by developing and communicating excellent standards of production and service
- Direct the compliance of staff with administrative policies and procedures
- Direct training programs to ensure understanding and compliance
- Manage and lead the activities of the service team composed of Administrative, Supervisory, Material, and Service Sales Associates
- Promote and reinforce National Service based processes and objectives
- Promote Altec Services
- Perform managerial responsibilities such as planning, organizing and budgeting
- Oversee the work of the service center staff to ensure that all jobs are completed on time, within budget and to customer specifications
- Ensure physical inventory levels are monitored and replenished as needed
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and environmental regulations in the entire service center area
- All other duties as assigned
Competitive Salary plus comprehensive Benefits Packages\ Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.