Why Join Altec?
Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and servicing of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world. Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is leading the industry and setting the standard of excellence.
Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision.
Building on 89 years of growth …
There’s never been a better time to join us!
Our auction subsidiary, JJKane, currently has an opening for an Accounting Manager in our Inverness office in Birmingham, Alabama. The successful candidate would plan, direct and coordinate various financial functions of JJKane. The job level may be able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path. We auction all kinds of used equipment, including bucket trucks, digger derricks, construction equipment, back hoes, skid steers, mini excavators, tractor crawlers, dozers and more! We encourage you to check out our company websites to explore Altec’s strong history. Please go to www.altec.com, and www.jjkane.com to learn more.
Apply on-line at https://jobs.altec.com
Job ID 18687
- Develops annual and monthly budgets/forecasts and perform monthly financial analysis against actual performance for use by operating-unit management
- Supervises assigned operating units accounting processes in accordance with corporate requirements
- Performs analysis of operating units profitability and as assigned assists in the development of an action plan in cases where the unit is below targeted performance level
- Implements and ensures compliance with financial controls, advises as to violations and implements corrective action as required
- Develops reports that assist managers with the control of their operating areas with regard to operating costs
- Provides support and documentation for internal / external audits and tax return preparation including review of accounting and administrative controls
- System testing for upgrades, implementations and improvements which impact financial transactions
- Supports and assists plant locations with physical inventories and related internal and external reporting
- Research application of tax rates and circumstances for both motor vehicle and tangible personal property for items sold at auction
- Files Sales tax returns with states
- Review customer claims for sales tax exemption for legitimacy and acceptability
- Handle sales tax, property tax and IRS audits (8300s)
- Work with the IT group on mapping and tracking of financial data from AIM to Oracle and from Oracle to Qlikview
- Maintain banking relationship with current banking provider
- May be responsible for the following functions depending on assigned area:
- Specific Management/Executive Reports
- Management/Executive Meeting Preparation
- Kronos Time and Attendance System
- Sales and Use Tax (Vertex)
- Cash and Debt Management
- Letters of Credit
- PeopleSoft GL Mapping
- Insurance Renewal
- Manage and facilitate auto insurance claims
- Corporate Credit Card Administrator
- Payroll Funding
- Review Capital Expenditure Request prior to submittal for approval
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Four year minimum experience in Financial Accounting required.
- CPA required or five plus years’ experience in a senior/manager accounting position required
- Current valid Driver’s License
- Microsoft Office Suite required, specifically Word and Excel, and other office management applications required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Must be available for overnight travel
•Customer first • Enjoyment of work • Family • Financial stability • Integrity
• People are our greatest strength • Quality • Spiritual development • Teamwork
Altec offers a competitive salary and incentive bonus. Altec also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.