Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Responsible for rental and used equipment sales, service and collections for assigned accounts within a defined geographic territory
- If assigned direct report staff:
- Manage the staffing process, such as scheduling and hiring to ensure levels are sufficient; hold associates accountable for work quality and performance and manage this performance by developing and communicating excellent standards of production and service
- Direct the compliance of staff with administrative policies and procedures; Direct training programs to ensure understanding and compliance
- Develop and maintain general knowledge of the equipment rental business, including Altec and competitor products, market pricing, competitive intelligence, industry trends and regulatory issues
- Maintain current accounts by developing strong and sound customer relationships, understanding, anticipating and responding to customer needs; Maintain regular call activity, promoting the benefits of the Altec relationship, increasing the company’s share of the customer’s business and securing and responding to customer feedback
- Implement a territory business plan to identify, qualify and target new business prospects; Call on prospects, applies sales skills and, with the assistance of the Regional Manager or others (if needed), closes new business to meet or exceed assigned territory sales goals
- Sell used equipment to current and prospective customers
- Work with service departments to get trucks repaired or up-fitted correctly for the next rental or sale
- Work with other Altec divisions to maximize customer penetration
- Manage receivables for assigned accounts by securing for customer payment
- Oversee customer bill-backs
- Complete assigned reports and manages territory sales expenses to budget
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Requires one year of outside sales specific experience
- PC skills using Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.