Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
Altec Roanoke specializes in the manufacturing and final assembly of aerial devices, cranes and digger derricks.
• Creates custom designed Altec solutions to meet Customer specific requirements
• Works closely with other Applications Engineering team members to design structural and mechanical components and develop custom electrical and hydraulic systems
• Generates 3D computer modeled drawings for both Customer approval and for use during fabrication and assembly of the product
• Interfaces directly with Sales and Customers throughout the entire build process including being involved in pre-build spec reviews and pre-delivery customer inspections
• Supports Operations and Service by hands-on and remote troubleshooting, working alongside Altec technicians and other engineers
• Collaborates with other teams within Altec to establish and maintain lean principles by being involved in and leading kaizen events to improve our products and processes
•Develops short and long term career path goals by working with immediate supervisor and other Altec departments and facilities to grow product knowledge and skill
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required
• Minmum of four (4) year's experience in an engineering role
• EIT registration or ability to obtain registration required
• Current valid Driver's License
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
• Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated record of responsibility
• Extremely detail oriented
• Customer Service Oriented
• Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
• Maintain Company confidentiality
• Must handle stress and deadlines well
• Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.