Why Join Altec?
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY INTERN
Come join the industry leader in hydraulic utility equipment! Our Environmental Health and Safety Intern will have a hands on learning experience in the field of Safety and Environmental Health. Altec is currently experiencing record growth and is committed to hiring candidates who will continue that record of success.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Assist with the development, implementation, monitoring and management of safety programs, policies, and procedures to support the plant-wide safety efforts.
• Perform safety walk-arounds to identify improvement opportunities and report to safety team.
• Perform regularly scheduled audits and inspections.
• Conduct ergonomic evaluations
• Support environmental sampling and auditing procedures.
• Maintain adequate levels of safety supplies.
• Coordinate and/or assist with safety training, including new hire orientations.
• Participate in and/or lead safety RCI events.
• Work on assigned projects resulting from safety RCI events.
• Demonstrate strong communication skills with associates, supervisors, other shifts, and other departments.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Maintain and complete any necessary documentation or paperwork.
• Limited travel may be required.
• Maintain daily time records.
• Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and practices.
• Other job duties as assigned.
•Must be able to provide documentation stating that they are enrolled full-time in the College or University and in good standing.
•Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
•Must be at least 18 years of age.
•Must have completed a minimum of 24 hours of coursework, or, have earned sophomore class standing.
• Must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma or GED required from an accredited institution.
• Ability to read, write and comprehend required.
• Good understanding of Altec’s safety policies and procedures desired.
• Basic computer knowledge required.
• General knowledge of the work performed in production desired.
• Ability to obtain Forklift certification, if required.
• Must be willing to become First Responder.
• State Certification (career readiness) desired