Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for designing and developing software applications, unit testing, debugging new and/or existing software, performance tuning and optimization of existing systems.
• Complete complex programming solutions
• Lead design meetings with users or external business partners to develop complex business solutions
• Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals; Responsible for determining and achieving return on investment of development projects
• Coordinate and lead teams of Support Developers, Developers, and Senior Developers
• Prioritize tasks across team to ensure proper workflow
• Write technical documentation
• Reviewing current systems
• Provide user support to associates
• Track and maintain constant communication with the customer from the beginning to the end of any established case, issue, or concern
• Ensure appropriate software testing is defined and performed
• Remain highly adaptable
• Willingness to work outside standard business hours to resolves issues or complete special projects as needed
• All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelors in related discipline strongly preferred, but consideration may be given to exceptional candidates with 10 years relevant work experience.
• Advanced experience programming for enterprise class systems
• Project Management experience
• Minimum of 6 years programming experience
• Current valid Driver’s License
• Experience with Java, Spring Framework, and Angular preferred
• Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated record of responsibility
• Extremely detail oriented
• Customer Service Oriented
• Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
• Maintain Company confidentiality
• Must handle stress and deadlines well
• Excellent problem-solving and decision-making ability
• Good leadership ability
• Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
• Travel 0-25%
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.