Why Join Altec?
Come join the industry leader in hydraulic utility equipment! Our Instrumentation and Control Technician will properly maintain, trouble shoot and repair facility and production equipment to ensure proper and safe use.
Altec is currently experiencing record growth and is committed to hiring candidates who will continue that record of success.
Customer First – Enjoyment of Work – Family – Financial Stability – Integrity – People are our Greatest Strength – Quality – Spiritual Development – Teamwork
• Advanced troubleshooting of critical equipment upon failure
• Troubleshoot AC and DC Electronics
• Use Electronic Test Equipment (VOM, O-Scope, Megger, Calibrators, etc.)
• Apply Electrical Codes and Standards
• Read/Interpret Electrical, Electronic, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, and Instrumentation Drawings, Schematics, and Technical Manuals
• Install, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Repair PLC and/or DCS Hardware, Software and Controls
• Diagnose and repair AC & DC Motors and Control Circuits
• Maintain 480/240 Volt 3 phase MCC and Power Distribution Systems
• Replace Electrical Control Devices (Limit, Proximity and Photo Switches, Pneumatic and Hydraulic Valves, etc.)
• Repair Instrumentation and Control Devices (Pressure, Flow, Level Temperature, etc.)
• Diagnose and replace High Speed Equipment Utilizing Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Electrical Controls
• Bend conduit and pull wire
• Perform Preventive and Predictive maintenance
• Move and set up equipment as needed
• Wire equipment and electrical drops within a high voltage area
• Install and repair electrical, mechanical and pneumatic industrial equipment
• Repair and correct safety concerns
• Welding, cutting, brazing and soldering as needed
• Operate milling machines, drill presses, and lathes
• Perform General building maintenance
• Operate aerial work platforms
• Perform computer work with CMMS system for assets, parts inventory and work order completion
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
• Basic computer usage knowledge required.
• A or B required.
A) Associates Degree in Industrial Electrical/Electronic Technology, Industrial Maintenance or similar field
B) Five (5) years Industrial Electrical Maintenance experience including:
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.