Why Join Altec?
Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale and servicing of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world. Founded in 1929, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company, building on 80+ years of growth and success, leading the industry and setting the standard of excellence.
Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision! There's never been a better time to join us.
•Customer First •Enjoyment of Work •Family •Financial Stability •Integrity
•People are our Greatest Strength •Quality •Spiritual Development •Teamwork
There are openings for Welders on 3rd shift at our facility in Elizabethtown, Kentucky.
Altec Elizabethtown is a focus factory that specializes in the manufacturing and final assembly of aerial devices for the telecommunications and utility industries.
This position will perform welding and metal preparation tasks such as sanding and grinding configurations.
• Perform Mig welding by using a variety of arc and gas welding equipment.
• Read and interpret schematics (blueprints).
• Read and interpret work orders.
• Use basic hand tools such as tape measurer and specialty equipment.
• Follow established safety and quality policies, procedures, and practices.
• Learn and operate all equipment within the work area (cell).
• Perform rework as required.
• Support APS (Altec Production System) initiatives. May participate in RCI events.
• Willing to move to other work areas in order to support production needs. (Cross-train).
• Maintain daily time records.
• Willingness and ability to train new/current associates.
• Maintain and complete any necessary documentation or paperwork.
The work may involve one or more of the following job requirements:
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.