Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for implementing information systems which will adequately support the enterprise infrastructure of the organization.
- Provides judgment and analysis for the development and implementation of systems.
- Analyzes system requirements and ensures that systems will offer security and will be effectively integrated with current applications.
- Provides reporting to management of critical business systems related to operational readiness and utilization
- Recommends technology purchases that will support and enhance the company’s systems.
- Ensures that all systems are working at optimal levels and offers support to application development department regarding new technologies and system requirements.
- Logs Service Requests with service or software providers when issues cannot be resolved internally
- Prepares Training and system documentation
- Develops, document and revises system, test procedures, and quality standards
- Provides staff and users with assistance solving systems related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems
- Remains highly adaptable - Due to the changing nature of priorities in supporting business users, this role requires high adaptability
- Tracks and maintains constant communication with the business users from the beginning to the end of any established case, issue, or concern
- Consults with management to ensure agreement on system principles
- May provide consultation on complex projects
- May supervise the work of others
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline strongly preferred, but consideration may be given to an exceptional candidate with 8 years relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience on a year-for-year basis required, Information System related degree strongly preferred\
- Minimum of four years of experience in one orthree or more of the following:
- Application Servers
- Implementing and supporting Microsoft SCCM
- Database Servers
- SAN Infrastructure
- Virtual Environments
- Applying security updates and patches
- Active Directory
- Implementing, and supporting LAN and WAN environments in a highly distributed environment
- Working with telecommunications vendors to install, upgrade, and maintain critical network connections and equipment
- Network security management to secure enterprise communications
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining enterprise backup solutions
- Managing video conferencing solutions including interacting with disparate systems
- Mobile device management
- Demonstrated pProject mManagementr experience by successfully leading and concluding a technical implementation or upgrade required.
- Strong ability to solve complex technical issues
- Current valid Driver’s License
- Microsoft Office Suite and other office management application knowledge required
- Experience with relational databases, client-server concepts and IP fundamentals
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work independently
- Strong ability to understand, document and troubleshoot various enterprise applications to resolve issues affecting production
Communication with Others:
- Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.