Why Join Altec?
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries throughout the world.
Altec Capital Services is currently looking for a Collections Associate in Birmingham, AL. This position focuses on collecting outstanding lease payments and working through customer service issues that relate to customer payments. Major responsibilities include the following:
• Respond to customer billing inquiries that affect payment of outstanding invoices.
• Perform audits on the customer's account and if necessary work with lease accountants to reconcile billing issues in a timely manner to expedite customer payments.
• Make courtesy calls to new clients to ensure timely payments and respond to “first bill” inquiries.
• Assist credit manager with coordinating equipment repossession efforts.
• Assist credit manager with third party collection firms who may be working on collecting receivables deemed “bad debt” by Altec Capital.
• Manage default deadlines and mail default notices to customers.
• Promptly contact customer upon receipt of returned checks or ACHs due to non-sufficient funds.
• Document all communications with the customer in LeaseWave.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
• High School degree or equivalent
• Three to five years of prior accounts receivable collections experience required
• Strong communication skills
• Demonstrate the ability to work independently
• Maintain company confidentiality
• Customer service oriented
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.