Why Join Altec?
If you’re considering a career with Altec, Inc., there’s never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That’s why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that’s why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work “Safer and Smarter.” Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
For a glimpse at the manufacturing process within the Altec Osceola Body Plant, please see the video below:
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec’s values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values (in alphabetical order): Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To properly maintain, troubleshoot and repair facility and production equipment to ensure proper and safe use.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES):
• Use and conduct proper care of PPE
• Advanced troubleshooting of critical equipment upon failure
• Preventative maintenance
• Moving and setting up equipment
• Interpret diagrams (hydraulic/electrical schematics), operation manuals, and pneumatic systems
• Wiring of equipment and electrical drops within a high voltage area
• Installation and repair of plumbing
• Repair or correct safety concerns
• Welding, cutting, brazing and soldering as needed
• May operate milling machines, drill presses, and lathes
• Support RCI events
• Clean equipment and work areas to enhance housekeeping (5S)
• General building maintenance
• Use computer to look up any necessary information required to perform job duties.
• Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and practices
• Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment
• Maintain daily time records
• Job duties may vary by location
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
• Basic computer usage knowledge required.
• Demonstrated ability in the operation of CNC equipment and other specialized equipment
• Associates Degree in Electronics Engineering, Industrial Maintenance or other similar field or 5 years Industrial Electrical/Electronic experience required.
• Experience with hydraulics and pneumatics desired
• Mechanical background to include troubleshooting skills desired
• Knowledge of PLC’s and Motor Controls desired
• Electrical knowledge in industrial/commercial environments, including 480 volt 3 phase and multi-meter usage
CERTIFICATION AND TRAINING
Ability to pass forklift certification if required.
Varies at each location, but could be extreme hot or cold, depending upon weather conditions.
Job tasks may be inside or outside.
Electrical hazards, elevated surfaces, moving objects, chemical or dust, mechanical hazards, vibrations and noise
Handling of sharp surfaces
Weld smoke and fumes may exist
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.