Why Join Altec?
Provide service and repair of the Altec and related product line. Hydraulic technicians take ownership of local areas across the United States and in Canada.
Take a Career Step!
- Work for an industry leader that designs, tests, manufactures, assembles, sells, and services its own products.
- Altec specializes in hydraulic utility equipment including aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
- Join a company with a history of continuous growth and a team focused culture which strongly embraces continuous improvement, a stable company making strategic investments in its future.
- Sharpen a broad range of skills with on-going in-house training and technical support.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
And apply on-line at https://careers.altec.com
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
- Some experience or educational background related to mechanics, electronics or hydraulic systems
- Related experience: truck-mounted hydraulic utility equipment such as aerial devices, digger derricks, chippers, cranes, specialty equipment; construction, mining, or farm equipment such as dozers or tractors; military heavy equipment such as the MRAP vehicle, HMEE, or tanks; aircraft and aerospace or ground support equipment (AGE / GSE) repair
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Able to pass periodic physical examinations as required by the U.S. Department of Transportation and/or Altec
- Physical effort is required to move objects and service-related tools that may weigh up to 75 pounds. Frequent stooping, bending squatting and kneeling are required to service and repair equipment.
- Overtime and shift work may be required. In addition, hourly schedules are not likely to be uniform day-to-day and there can be extensive travel to meet customer needs.
- Able to develop the computer skills necessary to complete support duties
- Able to properly maintain the assigned company vehicle and vehicle inventory
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current valid Driver's License
- Basic knowledge of hand tools, power tools and measuring devices
Complete on-the-job and classroom training in the mechanical, electrical and hydraulic components of the product line and associated repair / service procedures to be successful as a mobile tech.
- Uphold Altec’s safety commitment as well as any safety requirements of the customer
- Determine overall condition of machines through inspections, and provide maintenance
- Diagnose issues with hydraulic and electrical systems
- Restore equipment to working order through component replacement and / or repair
- Exhibit positive and effective communication and interaction with other Altec associates, vendors, and customer
- Keep current on recordkeeping, parts ordering/inventory, basic contract provisions with respect to product warranties, and customer invoicing
- Utilize operators and parts & maintenance manuals in determining procedures and identifying parts.
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.