Why Join Altec?
Building on 85 years of success, Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world. Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is leading the industry and setting the standard of excellence.
Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision.
Customer First Enjoyment of Work Family Financial Stability Integrity People Are Our Greatest Strength Quality Spiritual Development Teamwork
Altec's Midwest Campus in St. Joseph, Missouri has an opportunity for an Off Shift Human Resources Representative. This position provides support in functional areas of the Human Resources department, which may include associate relations, job evaluation, benefits administration, organizational development, maintaining associate records and/or payroll and training
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2 years of applicable HR experience required
- PHR preferred
- Excellent computer skills required; Prefer Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, Oracle, and/or Kronos experience
- Act as focal point on Off shift (primarily 3rd shift) to explain and support the company's values, principals and ideals. Ensure that communication, behavior and decisions are consistent with Company values, culture and behavior standards and policies and procedures.
- This position will serve primarily 3rd shift manufacturing associates as a resource providing information, training and problem analysis/resolution in support of daily activities including coaching and counseling in performance management issues, conflict management, interpretation of employment policies and resolution
- Provide information on Company and HR Programs (e.g. job postings, training, benefits, etc.)
- Strong associate relations, counseling experience and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of associates.
- Conduct investigations related to compliance, associate relations and safety incidents.
- Develops knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); Assists in ensuring company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements
- Compiles associate time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records
- Computes wages and deductions, and enter data into computers; Keep track of leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick leave, for associates
- Distributes badge and Kronos time cards; may perform uniform administration
- May be responsible for conducting exit interviews and ensuring necessary employment termination paperwork is completed
- Ability to work Off Shift Hours (Primarily 3rd Shift Hours, but may require day shift activities during certain periods)
- All other duties as assigned
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.