Why Join Altec?
Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment. We are the leading equipment and service provider for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, lights and signs, and contractor markets, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
● Customer First ● Enjoyment of Work ● Family ● Financial Stability ● Integrity ● People Are Our Greatest Strength ● Quality ● Spiritual Development ● Teamwork ●
There is an opening for an Production Trainer in St. Joseph, Missouri. The incumbent of this growth position will be responsible for developing content and facilitating training for the Midwest Manufacturing facilities.
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree (preference given to a degree in adult education, training and development, or a related discipline) and a minimum of three years manufacturing experience required
- Five years of experience in Altec Manufacturing
- Demonstrated computer skills required
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Mechanical aptitude is required
- Manufacturing background required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Conduct and maintain presentations, demonstrations, exercises, and examinations to teach body manufacturing principles in the areas of quality, fabrication, assembly, paint and final assembly.
- Provide training and technical support for Altec Associates (shop and field support)
- Review, evaluate and modify existing proposed programs and recommend appropriate changes.
- Programs include Power Point presentations, examinations, and reference material.
- Observe students performing “hands on” activities and answer students’ questions
- Administer written and “hands on” tests to students in order to measure progress and to evaluate
- effectiveness of training
- Administer and/or assist in certification testing for job performance evaluation of technicians
- Report of progress of associates under guidance during training sessions
- Coordinate training and materials for contractor/vendor training programs
- Make suggestions on improving work procedures and quality within Quality, Engineering and
- Manufacturing departments and foster strong working relationships within these areas to develop course
- materials and receive feedback
- Timely report training activities to Supervisors and Management
- All other duties as assigned
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.