Why Join Altec?
Take a Career Step!
Provide service and repair of the Altec and related product lines in our network of service centers across the United States and Canada.
- Altec specializes in hydraulic utility equipment including aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
- Work for an industry leader that designs, tests, manufactures, assembles, sells, and services its own products.
- Join a company with a history of continuous growth and a team-focused culture which strongly embraces continuous improvement.
- Sharpen a broad range of skills with on-going in-house training and technical support.
Altec’s Values (in alphabetical order): Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Send resume to email@example.com
And apply on-line at https://careers.altec.com
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
- Some related experience or educational background related to mechanics, electronics or hydraulic systems
- Similar or related equipment includes: truck-mounted hydraulic utility equipment such as aerial devices, digger derricks, chippers, cranes, specialty equipment; construction, mining, or farm equipment such as dozers or tractors; military heavy equipment such as the MRAP vehicle, HMEE, or tanks; aircraft and aerospace or ground support equipment (AGE / GSE) repair
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Physical effort is required to move objects and service-related tools that may weigh up to 75 pounds. Frequent stooping, bending squatting and kneeling are required to service and repair equipment.
- Overtime may be required.
- Able to develop the computer skills necessary to complete support duties
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic knowledge of hand tools, power tools and measuring devices
Complete on-the-job and classroom training in the mechanical, electrical and hydraulic components of the product line and associated repair / service procedures to be successful as a Trainee, while acquiring skills to be successful as a Technician.
- Uphold Altec’s safety commitment as well as any safety requirements of the customer
- Determine overall condition of machines through inspections, and provide maintenance
- Diagnose issues with hydraulic and electrical systems
- Restore equipment to working order through component replacement and / or repair
- Exhibit positive and effective communication and interaction with other Altec associates, vendors, and customer
- Utilize operators and parts & maintenance manuals in determining procedures and identifying parts
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.