Why Join Altec?
Develop the next generation of equipment in a company that is a leader in the utility equipment industry. Join a focused engineering team where you can have an immediate impact in developing Altec's next world-class product.
Take a Career Step
- Work in a facility that manufactures, assembles, and tests its own designs.
- Support sales in a direct business-to-business customer relationship.
- Altec Inc. is a financially stable company with a history of continuous growth, providing a pool of resources to draw on for support and with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Advancement opportunities exist, with relocation potential around the country.
As a Product Design Engineer, you will have the opportunity to further explore many facets of machine design. The challenge of building products which are lighter, faster, and capable of lifting greater payloads is more important now than ever. Practice concept engineering, perform Finite Element Analysis as a tool for design validation, oversee lifecycle testing to ensure design integrity, and more.
- Structural Steel, Aluminum & Composite Material Design
- Hydraulic Systems Design & Component Selection
- Finite Element Analysis
- Classical Engineering Analysis
- Design Validation Test Authority
- Failure Mode Analysis
- Creation & Utilization of Supporting Design Tools
- Advanced Technology Integration
- ABET EAC certified Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a Master’s Degree in Engineering required; excludes Technology degrees
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills required
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
Preferences: Experience in Industrial Automation (CODESYS), a manufacturing environment, Experience with New Product Development, Experience in hydraulics and hydraulic control systems, Experience in structural design, Knowledge of SolidWorks, Knowledge of FEA (Finite Element Analysis), Leadership or Supervisory Experience, Professional Engineer License, Mechanical Engineer, Agricultural Engineer, Hydraulics, Structural Design
- Maintain software products and manage partnerships with software suppliers to ensure product functionality, reliability, serviceability.
- Manage the coordinated release of software updates and associated tracking within the production plant.
- Plan, coordinate, and support field campaigns as required.
- Manage coordinated changes to product designs and manufacturing processes in conjunction with local teams.
- Design, modify, and/or apply components and systems using prudent engineering methods and techniques to meet specified technical objectives on time.
- Analyze and solve complex product design, application, manufacturing, installation, and service problems.
- Create unique original product designs which may be patentable.
- Develop and execute experiments to validate and qualify new design solutions.
- Direct other engineers and technical support personnel to carry out specific design tasks.
- Analyze competitive product designs and report findings.
- Communicates directly with Customers and Suppliers on issues of technical specifications, product design and product performance as needed.
- Implement defect prevention procedures or processes in product design or application.
- Analyze new technologies for potential application in next generation products.
- Support quality improvements in all facets of the company's business.
- Collaborate with various teams within the organization to solve technical problems and identify improvement opportunities.
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Traditional or Roth Program Options with Company Match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance including Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Additional Wellness Programs and Rewards Available
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.